To view the courses offered, please click on the following link:
The institute of Quantitative and Theoretical biology offers topics for bachelor and master theses in the fields of mathematical modeling of biological systems and bioinformatic analysis of pangenomic data. The focus lies on the mathematical and systems biological description of metabolism and signal transduction systems as well as on meta and phage genomics.
Preferable, yet not obligatory prerequisites for a successful thesis are:
- successful participation in one of the modules offered by our institute
- basic knowledge of a programming language (preferably Python)
- Interest in the mathematical description of biological phenomena
- basic knowledge in the mathematical fields of calculus and linear algebra
- basic knowledge of thermodynamics and reaction kinetics
- basic knowledge in biochemistry
If you are interested, please contact Prof. or per e-mail.